- The Gumstix Verdex Pro series was developed to replace the Verdex series in time for the EOL of the 120-pin connector that was used on the Verdex series, which was being discontinued by Molex.
- Gumstix Verdex COMs (not verdex pro) was discontinued from sales by Gumstix once stock of the 120-pin connector had been exhausted.
The Verdex Pro COMs are similar to the Verdex COMs except that:
- The Verdex Pro COMs use an 80-pin connector on one side instead of the120-pin connector.
- The inter-board distance of the Verdex Pro COM to an 80-pin expansion board is 3 mm as compared to the 2.5mm inter-board distance of the Verdex COM to a 120-pin expansion board.
- The Verdex Pro COMs have a microSD card slot on-board.
- For customers moving from Verdex to Verdex Pro, some code changes may be required to accomodate the different expansion boards and on-board microSD card slot.
The Verdex Pro product line is based on the PXA270 processor. Gumstix Engineers included the best of the basix, connex and verdex products in the verdex pro with as much backward compatibility as could reasonably be attained.
As of January 2009, Gumstix has been advised by our distributor that Marvell will be selling the PXA 270 processor at least until 2014.
Note: Roadmap, date and product features are subject to change without notification.