Design Notes for Connector J5:
The 27-pin connector (J5) is mounted on the top of each Overo COM.
- All logic is at 1.8V
- 1.8V power is supplied by the Overo COM for use on the camera module. This power should not be used as a general supply but only to power a level-shifting transceiver, if needed.
- The input range of the supply voltage is approximately 3.3V – 4.2V.
- VSYSTEM is power from the baseboard routed through Overo for use on camera module.
- The signals of connector J5 are connected directly to the OMAP3503 without buffers.
||board supply: 3.3V - 4.2V|
- Connector J5 on each Overo COM is the 27-pin Hirose FH26-27S connector.
- Gumstix sells the flex ribbon cable for this J5 connector in the accessories section (cables) of www.gumstix.com, linked here.
- Each end of the flex ribbon connects to a 27-pin Hirose FH26-27S connector. As such, one end would connect to the 27-pin hirose connector on the top of the Overo COM while the other end of the ribbon cable connects to the 27-pin hirose connector mounted on a camera expansion board designed for this purpose.
- The J5 connector is a bottom contact connector not top contact.
- The physical location of pin 1, 2, 26 and 27 of the J5 connector can be found in the layout information posted at pubs.gumstix.com (see COMs section).